Taste of St. Francis
Fun, Family, Fellowship & Flavors!
Saturday, January 19, 2019
The Ladies Auxiliary annual "Taste of St. Francis". The parish-wide event will feature a food tasting contest. The food tasting contest will offer several categories
to choose from, so we hope to draw as many entries as possible from our culturally diverse Parish. Individuals,
families and ministries are invited to participate with food entries or as volunteers at the event.
There is NO CHARGE to enter a dish in the event. The cost to enter to eat & vote for your favorite
dish is $5.00 per person or $20.00 per family (immediate family).
Food Tasting Categories
- Main Dish/Casserole
- Chili & Soups
- People's Choice (in each category)
- Top Chef (Judges' Favorite Overall)
- Most Unique
- Best Decorated
- The Squire Roses will be selling water & drinks.
Last Year's Winners
- Top Chef $250 to ministry of their choice:
Kellis Gary Banana Pudding: Middle School Ministry
- 1st place in each category: Randy's steak dinner for 2 + Taste of St Francis towel
- Apps: Jeanne Brandone Marvelous Meatballs
- Chili/soups: Boy Scouts Troop 298 Campout Chili
- Main dish: Sierra Guillermo Paella Valencia
- Dessert: Kellis Gary Banana Pudding
- 2nd place in each category: Aw Shucks ($25)
- Apps: Lisa Maier Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Chili/soups: Cory Dugas Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
- Main dish: Ana Beseda BBQ Sliders
- Dessert: RCIA girls Oreo Cookie balls
- Most Unique: Manny's $50 gift card and Taste of St Francis towel
- Natali Hattar Unicorn Fudge
- Best decorated: Season's 52 gift card for $52
- Leelavathi Dias Pork Bafat and Sannas
The TOP CHEF will receive $250 towards the ministry of their choice!
Are you ready to show off your culinary expertise? Want to see how you stack up against your fellow
parishioners in the kitchen?
Register your entry
on our Signup Genius page so we can lock you into the contest. Entry deadline is Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Volunteer Sign Up
We need many volunteers for set up/breakdown and floating during the event. To volunteer,
please contact Ann McElroy at
For questions or additional information, please contact our event chair:
or check out our Event